Apr 5, 2016

Listen to My Silence

Listen to My Silence


A whispered promise,
a lover's touch, a lover's kiss,
you played my heart and soul,
brought me diamonds that were still coal,

my heart bled purples and blues,
my soul bled gray of many hues,
listen to my silence,” you said,
I would shutter; bones made of lead,

crowded thoughts and cluttered soul,
when I didn't answer, I saw the gaping hole,
the hole that you told me would never come back,
but you're not human, and your scars bleed black,

strangled cry and strangled laugh,
I was the one person who thought you daft,
it wasn't me you wanted, your soul plagued with fernweh,
I held you back and created a bigger price to pay,

you had always said there was sound inside of silence,
I didn't believe you, until you were silent; I heard penance,
perhaps your desire to run and never come back
wasn't an issue with your blood, but an issue with the color black...






No comments:

Post a Comment