Mar 26, 2016

A Different Kind of Love



just as the rain falls,
           so do my tears...

against the pane they slide,
      like salty grief on my cheeks...

just as the thunder roars,
       my heart beats, my soul screams,

as if there is no hope for the weary,
         a strong arm of death; gripping...

just as the lightning flashes,
           my eyes blink in tandem pain...

a soft whisper in the dark,
    like a grasping for the stars at sunrise...

the gentle hug of the Otherworldly,
                  to think He loved me, too...

a father's touch and a mentor's guiding hand,
                               He picked me up...

with a different kind of love,
                 no one could have cared more...

just as the windshield wipers take away the rain,

       His gentle fingers brushed my tears, took away the pain...

No comments:

Post a Comment